Dr. Navnidhi K. Upadhyay
- 131 Stinson-Remick Hall
Nav is a postdoctoral Researcher in Prof. Suman Datta's group at the University of Notre Dame. He received his Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, where he was advised by Prof. Joshua Yang. During his Ph.D., he worked on the Memristor devices, selector devices, and their integration (1S-1R). He also worked on the application of memristor devices in next-generation energy-efficient computing systems. He received his master's degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, where he worked with Prof. Bipin Rajendran. He interned at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), where he fabricated and performed electrical and material characterization of Li-based low-power memristor devices. He also worked as a scientist/engineer at India's premier space agency Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), for three years.
Emerging Memory devices, fabrication, characterization, compact modeling, Next Generation Energy Efficient and High Performance Computing, Ferroelectric Memory, FeFET, ReRAM, Memristors, Selector, Memristor-Selector Integration (1S-1R), etc.
• ORISE Fellowship, ORNL, Oak Ridge, 2019-20
• Best Poster award in NVMTS, Durham, NC, USA, 2019
• Graduate Travel grant award for attending NVMTS conference, 2019
• Graduate Travel grant award for attending AiMES conference, 2018
• Government of India's MHRD Scholarship, 2013-15
• Institute merit scholarship, NIST, Berhampur, India, 2007
- Navnidhi K. Upadhyay, Thomas Blum, Petro Maksymovych, Nickolay V. Lavrik, Noraica Davila, Jordan A. Katine, A. V. Ievlev, Miaofang Chi, Qiangfei Xia, and J. Joshua Yang. "Engineering Tunneling Selector to Achieve High Nonlinearity for 1S1R Integration." Frontiers in Nanotechnology 3 (2021): 28.4.
- Navnidhi K. Upadhyay, Wen Sun, Peng Lin, Saumil Joshi, Rivu Midya, Xumeng Zhang, Zhongrui Wang, Hao Jiang, Jung Ho Yoon, Mingyi Rao, Miaofang Chi, Huaqiang Wu, Qiangfei Xia, and J. Joshua Yang, "A Memristor With Low Switching Current And Voltage For 1S1R Integration And Array Operation," Advanced Electronic Materials, (2020).
- Jung Ho Yoon, Jiaming Zhang, Peng Lin, Navnidhi Upadhyay, Peng Yan, Yuzi Liu, Qiangfei Xia, and J. Joshua Yang. "A Low‐Current and Analog Memristor with Ru as Mobile Species," Advanced Materials, (2020).
- Peng Lin, Can Li, Zhongrui Wang, Yunning Li, Hao Jiang, Wenhao Song, Mingyi Rao, Ye Zhuo, Navnidhi K Upadhyay, Mark Barnell, Qing Wu, J. Joshua Yang, Qiangfei Xia "Three-Dimensional Memristor Circuits as Complex Neural Networks," Nature Electronics (2020).
- Xumeng Zhang, Ye Zhuo, Qing Luo, Zuheng Wu, Rivu Midya, Zhongrui Wang, Wenhao Song, Rui Wang, Navnidhi Upadhyay, Yilin Fang, Fatemeh Kiani, Mingyi Rao, Yang Yang, Qiangfei Xia, Qi Liu, Ming Liu, and J. Joshua Yang, "An artificial spiking afferent nerve based on Mott memristors for neuro-robotics," Nature Communications, (2020)
- Navnidhi K. Upadhyay, Hao Jiang, Zhongrui Wang, Shiva Asapu, Qiangfei Xia, J. Joshua Yang, "Emerging Memory Devices for Neuromorphic Computing," Advanced Materials Technologies, (2019).
- Rivu Midya, Zhongrui Wang, Shiva Asapu, Saumil Joshi, Yunning Li, Ye Zhuo, Wenhao Song, Hao Jiang, Navnidhi Upadhyay, Mingyi Rao, Peng Lin, Can Li, Qiangfei Xia, J. Joshua Yang, "Artificial Neural Network (ANN) to Spiking Neural Network (SNN) converters based on diffusive memristors," Advanced Electronic Materials, (2019).
- Rivu Midya, Zhongrui Wang, Shiva Asapu, Xumeng Zhang, Mingyi Rao, Wenhao Song, Ye Zhuo, Navnidhi Upadhyay, Qiangfei Xia, and J. Joshua Yang. "Reservoir computing using diffusive memristors." Advanced Intelligent Systems, (2019).
- Z. Wang, S. Joshi, S. Savel' ev, W. Song, R. Midya, Y. Li, M. Rao, P. Yan, S. Asapu, Y. Zhuo, H. Jiang, P. Lin, C. Li, J.H. Yoon, N.K. Upadhyay, J. Zhang, M. Hu, J.P. Strachan, M. Barnell, Q. Wu, H. Wu, R.S. Williams, Q. Xia, J.J. Yang, "Fully memristive neural networks for pattern classification with unsupervised learning," Nature Electronics, (2018).
- Wang, Z., Rao, M., Han, J.W., Zhang, J., Lin, P., Li, Y., Li, C., Song, W., Asapu, S., Midya, R. and Zhuo, Y., H. Jiang, J.H. Yoon, N.K. Upadhyay, R.S. Williams, Q. Xia, J.J. Yang 2018. "Capacitive neural network with neuro-transistors," Nature communications, (2018).
- Navnidhi K. Upadhyay, Saumil Joshi, and J. Joshua Yang. "Synaptic electronics and neuromorphic computing," Science China Information Sciences, (2016).
- Rivu Midya, Zhongrui Wang, Mingyi Rao, Navnidhi K Upadhyay, and J. Joshua Yang. "RRAM/memristor for computing," In Advances in Non-Volatile Memory and Storage Technology, pp. 539-583. Woodhead Publishing, (2019).
- Navnidhi K. Upadhyay Eric S. Muckley, Shiva Asapu, Miaofang Chi, Ilia n. Ivanov, J. J. Yang, "Environmental Effects on Memristors," CNMS town hall, 2020, Oak Ridge, USA.
- Navnidhi K. Upadhyay, Thomas Blum, A. V. Ievlev, Miaofang Chi, J. J. Yang, "Lithium dynamics in Memristive devices," CNMS town hall, 2019, Oak Ridge, USA.
- X. Zhang, Z. Wang, W. Song, R. Midya, Y. Zhuo, R.Wang, M. Rao, N. K. Upadhyay, Q. Xia, J. Joshua Yang, Qi Liu, and M. Liu "Experimental Demonstration of Conversion-based SNNs with 1T1R Mott Neurons for Neuromorphic Inference," IEDM, 2019, San Francisco, USA.