- 131 Stinson-Remick Hall
Jorge Gomez got his bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (2014) from Universidad de Los Andes, Chile. During his bachelor's degree, he worked developing sensors for using fog as an alternative source of fresh water at the Atacama Desert. After finishing his bachelor's degree, he continued working in developing meteorological fog stations for Andes Iron mining company. In 2016 Jorge started his Ph. D. at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. In 2018 Jorge was accepted for the dual degree program given by the University of Notre Dame and Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Jorge's current research focuses on computation with novel devices in non-Von Neumann architectures. He works characterizing and developing SPICE models that can be used for exploring new applications. Jorge has worked with the following devices: ferroelectrics, cardiomyocytes and resistive switching devices.
2016: CONICYT fellow: National Ph.D. Scholarship.
2014: Award for best graduation rate.
2014: Universidad de Los Andes award
2008-2014: Full scholarship for academic performance throughout the career.
2008: P.S.U. (similar to S.A.T.) The Highest score in Math and highest score in Science of the German School of Santiago, Chile.
- S.Dutta, P. Abhinav, A. Khanna, J. Gomez, W. Chakraborty, M. Jerry, B. Grisafe, A. Raychowdhury, S. Datta , “Programmable coupled oscillators for synchronized locomotion”, Nature Communications, 10, Article number: 3299 (2019).
- J. Gomez, I. Vourkas, A. Abusleme, G.C. Sirakoulis and A. Rubio, “Voltage Divider for Self-Limited Analog State Programing of Memristors”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs (2019).
- J. Gomez, I. Vourkas and A. Abusleme, “Exploring Memristor Multi-Level Tuning Dependencies on the Applied Pulse Properties via a Low Cost Instrumentation Setup”, IEEE Access 7, 59413-59421 (2019).
- Y. Fang, J. Gomez, Z. Wang, S. Datta, A. I. Khan and A. Raychowdhury, “Neuro-mimetic Dynamics of a Ferroelectric FET Based Spiking Network”, IEEE Electron Device Letters (2019).
- R. LeBoeuf and J. Gómez, “Autonomous Audio Heater Car: A Comprehensive Project-Based Analog Design Experience”, International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education (IJEEE) (2018).
- S. Dutta, W. Chakraborty, J. Gomez, K. Ni, S. Joshi and S. Datta, "Energy-Efficient Edge Inference on Multi-Channel Streaming Data in 28nm HKMG FeFET Technology," 2019 Symposium on VLSI Technology, Kyoto, Japan, pp. T38-T39, (VLSI), (2019).
- S. Dutta, A. Khanna, W. Chakraborty, J. Gomez, S. Joshi and S. Datta, "Spoken vowel classification using synchronization of phase transition nano-oscillators," 2019 Symposium on VLSI Technology, Kyoto, Japan pp. T128-T129 (VLSI), (2019).
- S. Dutta, A. Saha , P. Panda , W. Chakraborty , J. Gomez, A. Khanna, S. Gupta, K. Roy and S. Datta, "Biologically Plausible Ferroelectric Quasi-Leaky Integrate and Fire Neuron," Symposium on VLSI Technology, Kyoto, Japan, 2019, pp. T140-T141 (VLSI), (2019).
- J. Gomez, S. Dutta, K. Ni, B. Grisafe, J. Smith, A. Khan and S. Datta, “Significance of Multi and Few Domain Ferroelectric Switching Dynamics for Steep-Slope Non-Hysteretic Ferroelectric Field Effect Transistor”, IEEE Device Research Conference (DRC), (2019)
- J. Gomez, S. Dutta, K. Ni, S. Joshi and S. Datta, “Steep Slope Ferroelectric Field Effect Transistor”, Electron Devices Technology and Manufacturing Conference (EDTM),(2019)
- Z. Wang, B. Crafton, J. Gomez, R. Xu, A. Luo, Z. Krivokapic, L. Martin, S. Datta, A. Raychowdhury, A.I. Khan, “Experimental demonstration of ferroelectric spiking neurons for unsupervised clustering”, IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), (2018).
- J. Gomez, I. Vourkas, A. Abusleme and G. Ch. Sirakoulis. “Experimental Measurements on Resistive Switching Devices: Gaining Hands-on Experience.” International Conference on Modern Circuits and Systems Technologies (MOCAST), (2018).
- J. Gomez, I. Vourkas, A. Abusleme, G. Ch. Sirakoulis, E. Salvador, A. Crespo, R. Rodriguez, J. Martin-Martinez, M. Nafria, A. Rubio. “The Voltage Divider Effect Revisited for Multi-Level Memristor Tuning”. International Conference on Memristive Materials, Devices and Systems (MEMRISYS), (2017).
- I. Vourkas, J. Gomez, A. Abusleme, N. Vasileiadis, G. Ch. Sirakoulis, R. Rodriguez, M. Nafria, A. Rubio. “Exploring the Voltage Divider Approach for Accurate Memristor State Tuning”. Latin America Symposium on Circuits and Systems (LASCAS), (2017).
- J. Gomez, I. Vourkas, A. Abusleme, R. Rodriguez, J.M. Martinez, M. Nafria, G. Ch. Sirakoulis and A. Rubio. “The First Universal Performance Parameters for Resistive Switching Devices.” International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), (2018).
- J. Gomez, I. Vourkas, A. Abusleme and A. Rubio. “Resistive Switching Behavior seen from the Energy Point of View”. International Symposium on On-Line Testing and Robust System Design (IOLTS), (2018).
- J. Rivera, J. Gómez, N. Zanetta and S. Montecinos, “Measurement of the water spill off the mesh of a large fog collector”, International Conference on Fog, Fog Collection and Dew (FFCD), (2016).
- R. LeBoeuf, J. Rivera, J. Gómez and J. Vargas, “An Economical Liquid Water Flux Instrument”, International Conference on Fog, Fog Collection and Dew (FFCD), (2016).